Resource and Special Programs Services
- Resource and Special Program teachers at SJCI assist students with a wide variety of personal, academic, vocational and career-related concerns.
- Some of the services provided by these teachers are:
- initial diagnostic assessments (reading, writing, numeracy),
- special education funding applications, individual education plans and continued supports,
- supervision of educational assistants and their schedules,
- communication and collaboration between teachers, programming and resource recommendations, time tabling and teaching assignments.
All students can learn, in different ways and at different rates.
All students have individual abilities and needs.
All students want to feel they belong and are valued.
All students have the right to benefit from their education.
We provide opportunities to meet the needs of students who have exceptional learning, social/emotional, behavioural, sensory, physical, cognitive/intellectual, communication, academic or special health-care needs. Everyone has a role to play in the provision of appropriate educational programming.
Our mission: To help all students at SJCI to achieve academic success by collaborating and communicating with classroom teachers and families in order to maximize learning potential